Congratulations to our Year 7B and 8B teams who were both successful in defeating St Gregory’s College, Campbelltown 2-0. Well done to Luke Borg (7B Coach), Nicole Monteleone (7B Manager), David Gerlach (8B Coach) and Tim Easterbrook (8B Manager) on the premierships. Commiserations to our Year 9 team who unfortunately went down in a close encounter to Eastwood 3-2. The team competed all the way up to the final siren, only narrowly missing the net in the closing minutes. Well done to both James Bourke (9A Coach) and Janette Hands (9A Manager) on your season.

Mr Rodney Peake

Sports Coordinator

I would personally like to thank all the staff that came out to support the football games yesterday.

As an MCS representative said during our presentation ‘The MCS Football competition is the most elite school boy comp in NSW’ the level of football played yesterday across all age groups was of an extremely high standard.

As an ex-Dom’s boy, to see the passion and College pride this week at Basketball, the Rugby League and Football from the players, the staff and all the supporters is something I am really going to miss.

Congratulations again to Luke, Nicole, David and Tim for the wins yesterday, your victories were well deserved.

For my Year 9 Team, even though the result did not go our way this time, I hope the staff that were able to attend had the chance to appreciate the quality of football that I have been so privileged to witness each week for the past three seasons. Even though I won’t be with them next season I know that yesterday’s loss has lit the fire for redemption. Each game next year they will be gunning to take back the title once again. I am extremely proud of the effort and determination they displayed during the game, all the way until the full time whistle. They played for each other and represented the College to the best of their ability.

Thank you again for all the support and I wish the Coaches for Term 3 all the best with their seasons.

Mr James Bourke

Indigenous Education Officer |PDHPE Teacher