On Wednesday 4th July to consolidate the Ancient China unit of work, EMBARK classes 7A, 7B and 7C spent some time delving into China and some of its traditions.
Some Chinese traditions the boy’s were able to practice included:
- developed on their chopstick skills during the chopstick relay.
- learnt the significance of Dragons in Chinese culture and the way colourful dragons are used in Chinese celebrations.
- Investigated and created artwork using the tangrams.
- Practiced the skill of paper folding by participating in a paper aeroplane competition.
- Tasted some delicious spring rolls
- Got a taste for what their future may hold by opening their individual fortune cookies.
The boys are commended for throwing themselves into the activities, enjoying themselves and learning more about some China.
EMBARK and Mathematics Teacher