In 2019 our College theme “Be My Witnesses” (Inclusive Community) calls us to better serve our entire community in including them more closely in the learning journey of our young men. As a College, we are committed to further enhancing our information systems in providing the highest quality feedback for all in regards to student progress as they pursue their personal best. Key features of our 2019 Environment that support all, include:
All students enrolled in all Canvas Courses (where learning resources, supports, tasks, calendar, results can be accessed).
- Primary Contact of each student is enrolled as an observer within each of your son’s Canvas courses (New Canvas Parent APP is now available and instructions are available).
- College Portal: following our census February 4. We will be forwarding the details and process whereby you will have direct access to –
- Student Attendance (note SMS service to be launched in Term 1);
- Student Reports;
- Teacher contact details (according to timetable);
- Fee Status.
- Parent/Student Information Evenings
- Feb 4th – 7pm: Year 12 HSC Support Evening (Parents ONLY) – RSVP here .
- Feb 11th – 7pm: Year 10 Parent and Student Information Evening (Compulsory).
- Feb 12th – Canvas Parent/Student Workshops (3.15-4pm, 4.15-5pm, 7-7.45pm) – bookings available (for experienced parents and those new to using Canvas with their son – all year groups welcome)
A reminder to all to ensure you have our St Dominic’s College APP installed on your phone (you have the opportunity to adjust your settings according to the year groups of interest), join our St Dominic’s College Facebook page and favourite our College webpage (our College calendar contains all events, tasks and key dates for you already).
Elevate Study Sessions (the key student session details and supports will be incorporated in the Parent sessions scheduled above).
The College has invested in the Elevate program
- Feb 6th:
- Y12 – Ace Your Exams
- Y11 – Time Management (Senior)
- Y8 – Memory Nmeumonics
- Y7 – Study Skills Kick Start
- Feb 12th:
- Y10 – Study Sense
- Y09 – Time Management
Year 12 2018 High Achievers Assembly – Friday 22nd February (9am)
This event will be held to celebrate the HSC High Achievers of the class of 2018.
Invitations to those High Achievers to attend the assembly will be sent out this week.
Mr D Sheil Miss M Day Mr P Gorton