Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today visited St Dominic’s College to announce a grant of $724,625 through the NSW Government’s 2019/20 Building Grants Assistance Scheme (BGAS).
The funding allocated to the College through the Block Grant Authority will be utilised for the refurbishment of Block A, with the work due to commence in 2021.
“Students and teachers at St Dominic’s will benefit from new and improved facilities supported by the NSW Government with additional funds for the project provided by the school community,” said Stuart Ayres.
“It’s vital our schools have high-quality school facilities, and this project reaffirms the NSW Government’s commitment to delivering for our students.”
Families and staff who have had a long association with the College will know that Block A was one of the very first buildings constructed on the College grounds in the early 1960’s.
The refurbishment of Block A will ensure that we are developing a modern and sustainable campus that will provide both the students and the staff of St Dominic’s College with state-of-the-art facilities.
The building works will provide:
- Additional classroom spaces that can be used for alternative learning.
- Greater space and flexibility in the Edmund Rice Learning Centre and the Diverse Learning Centre.
- Access to a wider range of resources within the Edmund Rice Learning Centre
- A formal entrance into the front of the College
- A dedicated entrance for students through to the Student’s Services Desk
- Access to the College Uniform Shop from the front of the College
- Centralised area to allow for collaborative learning and improve the allocation and use of College resources.
- improved workspaces and facilities for our teaching staff
Our new facilities will directly benefit our current and future students as we continue to build on the College’s commitment to continual improvement and development of our campus.
There is a tremendous amount of work that goes into an application such as this and it was the hard work of our Principal, Mr Ronchetti our Deputy Principal Mr Walsh and the College Leadership Team that has made this successful outcome possible. We would like to make special thanks to Ms Jacquie Powell, Director of Business Services, who has been instrumental in driving the process of funding and planning for this development.
We would like to express our appreciation and gratitude to the Honourable Stuart Ayres for his continued support of St Dominic’s College.