This year, the Surawski House had the privilege of hosting our Father’s Day Liturgy. Father’s Day is the celebration of the father figures in our lives and we give thanks to them for forging strong and confident young men and women into a life of adulthood. I was glad to see the smiling faces of both children and father figures on this day of celebration, revealing the strong emotional, physical and spiritual connection we have made with our fathers.

The mass also links to the Surawski House’s celebratory Blue Day where the College focusses upon men’s mental health and well-being. I would also like to express my appreciation to another Surawski House member, Blake Lawson, whose reflection on his relationship with his father showed the strength and love that has characterized their life together so far.

As the Father’s Day Mass is a growing tradition at the College, I would love to see more students and faculty members bringing their father figures along to celebrate the love they have for each other.

Aaron Riley

Surawski House Prefect